Legendary watch from the 1940s
With the purchase of the Ansonia Clock Factory and Dueber Hampden Watch & Co., accompanied by 21 former employees, the First State Clock Factory was founded in Moscow in 1930. After the set-up and assembly work, the first Soviet pocket watches could be produced in a series of 50 pieces, with all individual parts being made in-house. In 1932, after initial difficulties, it was possible to produce according to plan. This was achieved not least through the personal commitment of the party member and Lenin’s comrade Sergey Kirov.
The factory was named after him in 1935: The First State Watch Factory with the name “Kirov”, or “1 G.CH.Z Kirov” for short. The watches produced there also got his name.
Legend has it that the Red Army urgently needed a wristwatch before the start of World War II. Even Stalin interfered in this matter. One day he called the management of the factory and set the task of presenting a wristwatch for the military within 3 days, even though he knew that the factory only produced pocket watches. After quite a long discussion and worrying, the engineers came up with a simple solution. An unusual and robust bracelet holder was welded to a pocket watch case. This is how the first official Soviet military watch was born!
The “Poljot-International” brand already launched such a limited replica of the 1940s for the 60th anniversary of production. In 2020 the time was ripe to present the second version of the replica and to commemorate the 80th anniversary accordingly. The new model was named “Kirovskie II”.
Overall, the designers and technicians worked on the model for a year. The design of the watch has been adapted very closely to the original, but the watch has now been manufactured in a smaller case with a diameter of 40 mm. The inside of the clock was also replaced – an automatic movement from Vostok 2415 with a decentralized second at 10 o’clock was installed.
In order to be able to bring the position of the second to the 9 o’clock position, as with the original, the crown was attached to the case at 2 o’clock. Thus the clockwork was turned counterclockwise.
The movement’s rotor has Geneva stripes and the screws are blued.
The lugs for the bracelet were kept similar to the original, but technical modernizations were also made here. In order to be able to change the strap, only one screw has to be loosened in the front area of the abutment. The bracelet has remained the same as it was in the 1940s. It is adorned with two steel buttons and the logo of the “Poljot-International” brand.
The model is produced in different dial colors and different limitations.
About Poljot International
The roots of the watch brand “Poljot-International” date back to the 1930s, when the “First State Watch Factory” was founded in Moscow. In 1961, after the flight of the first citizen of the earth, Yuri Gagarin, into space, the watches produced by the factory were given the designation “Poljot” (the flight).
All watches of the brand “Poljot-International” are manufactured in Germany today. Nevertheless, the charm and delicacy in the design, the skilful hands of the master watchmakers, the warmth of the Russian soul and, of course, the love for Russia can be seen and felt.
Case size: 40mm
Case material: Stainless Steel with crown at 2H, h=11.6mm
Case back: Stainless steel with exhibition glass
Movement type: Automatic
Movement no.: Vostok Cal. 2415, refined, blued screws, 31 jewels, 19800 A/h
Power reserve: Approx 33 hrs
Dial: Metallic green, Hands white lacquared with luminous material
Glass: Sapphire crystal
Water resistance: 5ATM
Strap type: Leather Bund Strap
Strap material: Calfskin in light brown, with rivets
Buckle: Stainless steel tang buckle
Warranty: 2 year
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.