Reference number: 2415.1981115
Movement: automatic movement Kal.2415.Vostok, refined, blued screws, 31 jewels,
19,800 A/h, power reserve approx. 33 h
Case: Stainless steel case with crown at 2h, Ø 40 mm, h = 11.6 mm, 5 atm, glass bottom
Glass: sapphire glass
Dial: Green metallic
Hands: Painted white with luminous material
Band Width / Lug : 16mm
Strap: calfskin strap in light brown, with rivets; special strap attachment
Warranty : 2 years
The First State Watch Factory was founded in Moscow in 1930 through the purchase of the Ansonia Clock Factory and the Dueber Hampden Watch & Co., accompanied by 21 former employees. After installation and set-up work, the first Soviet pocket watches could then be produced in a series of 50 pieces, with all individual parts being made in-house. In 1932, after initial difficulties, it was possible to produce according to plan. This was achieved not least thanks to the personal commitment of party member and Lenin's comrade Sergey Kirov. The factory was named after him in 1935: The First State Watch Factory called "Kirov", or "1 G.CH.Z Kirov" for short. The watches produced there also received his name.
According to legend, before the start of World War II, the Red Army was in dire need of a wristwatch. Even Stalin had interfered in this matter. One day he called the factory management and gave them the task of presenting a watch for the military within 3 days, even though he knew that the factory only produced pocket watches. The engineers came up with a simple solution after quite a long discussion and headache. They welded an unusual and robust bracelet mount to a pocket watch case. Thus the first official Soviet military watch was born!
The "Poljot-International" brand already issued such a limited replica of the 40's in 2000 for the 60th anniversary of production. In 2020, the time was right to present the second version of the replica and thus honor the 80th anniversary accordingly. The new model received the name "Kirovskie II".
In total, the designers and technicians worked on the model for a year. The design of the watch has been adapted very closely to the original, however, the watch is now made in a smaller case with a diameter of 40 mm. The inside of the watch was also replaced - an automatic movement from Vostok 2415 with a decentralized second at 10 o'clock was installed.
In order to be able to bring the position of the second to the 9 o'clock position, as with the original, the crown was attached to the case at 2 o'clock. Thus, the clockwork was rotated counter-clockwise.
The rotor of the movement has Côtes de Genève and the screws are blued.
The lugs for the bracelet have been kept similar to the original, but technical upgrades have also been made here. In order to be able to change the strap, only one screw in the front area of the lug needs to be loosened. The bracelet has remained as it was in the 1940s. It is decorated with two steel buttons and the Poljot-International brand logo.
ABOUT POLJOT INTERNATIONAL
The roots of the watch brand “Poljot-International” date back to the 1930s, when the “First State Watch Factory” was founded in Moscow. In 1961, after the flight of the first citizen of the earth, Yuri Gagarin, into space, the watches produced by the factory were given the designation “Poljot” (the flight).
All watches of the brand “Poljot-International” are manufactured in Germany today. Nevertheless, the charm and delicacy in the design, the skilful hands of the master watchmakers, the warmth of the Russian soul and, of course, the love for Russia can be seen and felt.