The inspiring story of Chaigo came about by happenstance. While pursuing his dream of being an independent graffiti artist, Malaysian-born Kenji Chai drew inspiration from an unlikely source - the many stray dogs that littered the outskirts of KL city. Growing up in a broken family, Kenji could relate to being estranged, having to fend for himself from a young age. Unlike the strays, however, he had the power to decide from then on to live life on his terms. And thus, Chaigo was born.
The image of the neon blue stray dog with his tongue sticking out represents the spirit of having fun with life and never giving up. Incidentally, Kenji is born in the year of the dog, and Chaigo is a combination of his surname with the Mandarin word for dog, ‘Go’.
Kenji has steadily gained a reputation and amassed a loyal fanbase through his graffiti artwork which has travelled from random Kuala Lumpur city street walls to adorn popular restaurants, buildings, and office spaces. He has also been commissioned to create huge art murals in Jakarta, Kazakhstan, Shanghai, New York, and many other cities around the globe. Over time, Kenji has become the go-to graffiti artist for multiple world-renown brands and creative personalities.
Resonating deeply with Kenji’s story, we were eager to spread his inspiring message through merchandise bearing the Chaigo identity. The titanium Venture Chaigo comes with a comfy lightweight titanium bracelet, workhorse NH35 automatic movement, and an interchangeable custom NATO strap designed by Kenji himself.
"If success is about taking one step at a time, keep moving forward".
- Kenji Chai
- Case: 38mm titanium case
- Movement: Japan SII NH35A automatic movement
- Water Resistance: 200m (660ft) / 20ATM
- Crown: Screw-down crown with custom embossed BOLDR logo
- Dial: Printed matte dial with Japan Superlume
- Hands: Custom hands with Japan Superlume
- Lens: Flat sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Bracelet: Titanium bracelet
- Additional strap: Nylon NATO Strap with custom titanium buckles
- Case Thickness: 12mm
- Lug size: 20mm
- Lug to lug: 44mm
- Case Back: Screw-down caseback with embossed limited edition designer artwork
IN THE BOX:
- 1 x Venture Chaigo watch with titanium bracelet
- 1 x hand-painted Chaigo collectors' toy
- 1 x Chaigo NATO strap with titanium hardware
- 1 x set of Venture Chaigo stickers